Accessing & Understanding Collection Home Screen
The Collection Module acts as a logical repository for hosting folders and files of an archival or construction project. Whenever a user creates a Collection or assigned a Collection access, the user can upload documents related to the Collection within folders inside the collection and thus make the documents available to other users, who can then review the user's document and send him/her the feedback accordingly.
Follow the given procedure to access the Collection Home screen:
The Collection Home screen opens by default when you logging in to the SKYSITE Archives application.
If you navigating from other screens then click on at the top right-hand side of the screen to access the screen.
By default, the Collections falling under Active category will be displayed under the grid.
Screenshot displayed below shows the Collection Home screen:
The screen above displays each Collection details row-wise. The Collections displayed falls under the selected category (only Active Collections are displayed as per the screenshot above).
The Collection Number, Collection Name, Collection Owner, the type of access you have to the Collection, option to edit the Collection and Collection acceptance response shared by you to other users is displayed in the grid section of the Collection list.
Note: The word "Collection" although hard-coded in the application can be changed from back-end on user request. The alternative words for Collection can be "Facility", "Project" etc. depending on customer choice.
Operations which can be performed on Collections:
Click on to select the category of Collections. Collections under the selected category will be displayed in the grid section as a Collection list. The categories include Active, Completed & Archived Collections. A newly created Collection always falls under Active category (More Details: Adding New Collection). The Collections can be transferred to Completed and Archived Category during editing the Collections (More Details: Modifying Collections). A collection can be transferred from Active category to Completed category from the Collection Settings screen. This means that work with this collection is over. Also, the completed collection can be marked as Archived with the option to save Collection documents, collection information and Album info for an indefinite period within the application.
Click on button to create a new Collection.
Select Collection(s) by ticking the associated checkbox and click on button to delete the selected Collections
Select Collection(s) by ticking the associated checkbox and click on button to mark a Collection as favorite. Need for this button arises from the fact that a huge number of Collections may be there in the application (say 500), out of which you would access only 5 most frequently. Hence, in order to reduce the hassle of going through the list of Collections and then gaining access to your Collection, mark your chosen Collection which you access very frequently as favorites. This lets the application to move the Collection at the top of the collection list which you can access instantly without the hassle of scrolling through and searching for your Collection within a huge list of Collections.
Click on button to generate either file or user activity report.
Click on button to export the displayed Collection list in the grid section either in CSV format or directly in an Excel spreadsheet on your local system.
Option to search specific Collections based on Collection Number, Collection Name, City, Address or Postal code.
Operations that can be performed on Collections at Grid section:
- Click on Collection Number link or Collection Name link to view, upload, download or perform other operations on the Collection folders and files. Once you click on the Collection name or number link you will be navigated to Collection Files screen. The link to name & number of Collections is highlighted in the screenshot below,
- The Collection owner and the amount of space occupied by the Collection is given under Collection Owner and Storage (in GB) columns.
- Under the Favorite column, Collections marked as favorites can be identified with a. You can click on these stars to remove the Collection from the favorite category.
- Click on button beside each Collection to modify the Collection information. Only if you are the account owner, admin or collection creator will you be able to edit the Collection information.
- Click on the button under the Collection Users column to view the name of the users and teams, associated with the collection on the Collection team screen.