On the Forms screen, user can view all the templates. If user wants to create a new form based on a specific template, then user needs to click the [Create] icon beside that specific template row. This button is highlighted in the Forms screen shown below,
- Click the [Create] button beside a specific form template to create a new form under that specific template
The template to be filled up is displayed on the left side of the screen. User can view the template in full screen or zoom in and out of the template view
- Enter/select the relevant information in the template (click to select checkboxes or enter text in the comments textbox)
The information entered is based on the template type. For instance, a template may be a time sheet, logging hours worked by employees, or an Inspection form of an equipment.
If a signature field is included in the form template, then the user will be able to sign, using the mouse cursor.
For form requiring a signature, the view will provide an option to sign. The signature field is shown in the screenshot below,
The user will click in the ‘Signature’ field, and a pop-up window will appear.
Screenshot below shows the signature field pop-up window.
User can move the mouse cursor over the blue area to draw the signature.
- To change color of the signature, click any of the color radio-buttons – red, blue or black
- Tick the checkbox ‘Save signature’ to save the user’s signature for future use meaning all forms created using the template will have this signature
- Click the [Clear signature] button to delete the signature from the blue area
Once the signature is complete, the user will click [Done], the ‘Signature’ pop-up window will close, and the signature field will be populated.
The next time this user clicks within the signature field on one of the form, a pop-up window will appear with two options: The first will be a photo of their saved signature, and the other will be an option to create a new signature.
If a user selects a saved signature, the signature will auto-populate on the form. If they wish to create a new signature, they will select the “New Signature” option.
After drawing a signature, it is shown on the ‘Signature’ field of the template,
User can select a drawn signature and increase or decrease the signature size as shown below,
Once user returns back to the Create form screen,
- The application displays the auto-populated form number. This number cannot be changed by the user. If previously 54 forms have been created using this template, then the form no. for this new for which is being created will be 55
- User can accept the auto-populated (today) form date or select a new form date (this date may not be the current date on which user is creating the form, as user can select any date as the form date). The actual form creation date is stored separately and will be displayed in the form activity section.
- Approval type & Users to notify is fetched from the template under which the form is being created. These cannot be changed from Create form screen.
- If the form has an approving authority as ‘Single approval required’ or ‘All must approve’, then you can view the users who have approval authority.
- Also listed are the users who will be notified if there is any status change of the form or comment added.
Linking files with form
- User can upload files from SKYSITE Archives folders (attachment to be done as per existing workflow) or from local computer by clicking the [Add] button beside the Linked file section.
Attaching files from SKYSITE Archives:
- Click the ‘SKYSITE Archives’ option to attach files from the Folders & Files module.
The Folders & Files module first screen will appear displaying all the folders.
- Navigate inside a folder to view the files
2. Click on the file(s) to choose the files to be linked and then click [Done] to attach the files with the form
Attaching files from Computer:
- Click the ‘Computer’ option to attach files from the local computer drive.
- Double-click on a file to select it or single-click on a file to select it and then click [Open] button to attach the file(s) with the form
Screenshot below displays attached files:
When user moves the mouse cursor over an attached file, a [More options] button will appear
- Click the [More options] button to download the file in the local computer (if file attached from SKYSITE Archives) and/or delete the linked file from the application.
Adding photos with a form
Similarly, user can attach images from SKYSITE Archives Album module or images from device gallery by clicking the [Add] button beside the Add photos section.
To attach photos from local computer:
- Click the [Computer] button on the drop-down and the window through which user can select images from the local computer will appear
- Double-click on one or more photos to select those photos or select one or more photos and click the [Open] button to upload and then attach those photos with the form.
To attach photos from SKYSITE Archives:
- Click the [SKYSITE Archives] button to attach photos from the Album module of the SKYSITE Archives app.
The Album module of the specific collection (inside which the Forms module is present) of SKYSITE Archives will display the Albums saved inside that module.
- Move inside an album to view the photos within it
- Click on the photo to select it (more than one photo can be selected)
- Now, click on [Done] button to attach the photo with the form
After attaching a photo from computer or a photo from Album module of SKYSITE Archives app, it is displayed on the add photos section
- Click on the attached photo to view it in larger mode.
When user moves the mouse cursor over the attached photo, a [More options] button will appear
- Click on the [More options] button and a drop-down will appear displaying two options.
- Click on [Delete] button to remove the photo attachment from the form
- Click the [Download] button to download the photo in the computer (if it is attached from SKYSITE Archives Album module)
User can add any comments (optional) and the entered comment will be displayed under the Activity section (in red color as shown below)
Also, any status change for the form is displayed in the Activity section (in blue color)
Any form created wil by default be saved as draft.
- Hence, click the [Draft] button to create and save the form under the template but application will does not send the draft to any user.
Note: Even if you click the [Back] button before clicking the [Draft] button the form will be saved as draft.
- Otherwise, click the [Submit] button to create as well as submit the form to the selected approving authority.
The following scenarios may occur after form creation:
- If the template (based on which the form is created) has any approving authority (with approval type as ‘Single approval required’ or ‘All must approve’), then after clicking the [Submit] button, the form is sent to the approving authorities for approval (the status of the form in this case becomes ‘Pending’).
- If the form does not have an approving authority (with approval type as ‘No approval required’), then after clicking the [Submit] button, the form is simply saved with a status as ‘Approved’.
The newly created form is displayed under the template (based on which the form is created).
Fig: Newly created form under a template with status as ‘Draft’