Follow the given procedure to upload files in a specific folder:
- Open the Collection Folders & Files screen by clicking on the button at the top of the screen.
- Select the Collection from the drop-down present at the top left-hand side of the action bar to view the folders and files under the Collection.
- Once the Collection Folders & Files screen appears, select the folder (single-click on the respective folder) where you want to upload a file from the Collections Folder section (left-hand side grid).
- Click on the (Upload Files button) to start the uploading process. The following screen appears,
- Select New Copy or New Revision in case you are uploading a duplicate copy of the same file.
- Check the "Allow file content search" checkbox to make the file searchable by the application (to be displayed in search results) after the files are successfully uploaded.
- Click Select Files to select the file(s) to be uploaded from your local computer. Alternatively, click on Select files from cloud button to upload files from any third party cloud application which hosts your files. The screen through which you can connect to any cloud service is shown below,
- If you are selecting files to be uploaded from your local computer, then select the files from your local computer via Choose File to Uploaddialog box and then click on Open. The file(s) gets added waiting to be uploaded. This is shown below,
- If you want to add attribute for each file then click on Add attribute to all button. Refer to Add/Modify Attributes help file for more details.
- Click Upload to upload the file(s). The process of uploading starts. This is shown in the screenshot below,
- You can click on button anytime (before the file gets uploaded) to remove the file instance from the application.
- After the completion of uploading process, the successfully uploaded file will be displayed in green and the files which have failed to get uploaded will be displayed in red.
- Click Close to exit.
- Click the folder where you have uploaded the files. The files will display in the Collection Files section within the selected folder.
- Click Close to exit.
- Click (Refresh button) at the top of the right side file display grid to view the files under the right-hand side file display grid.
The successfully uploaded files will be displayed within the respective folder on the right-hand side grid [concerned folder and files within the folder are highlighted by a red rectangle in the screenshot below]. This is shown below,