The files present within a particular folder of a selected Collection are displayed in a list. The number of files along with the file names and the custom field information are displayed row-wise. These can be seen under the Collection Files screen. The Manage View feature lets you choose which custom field information to display and also lets you create which custom field info will be displayed in which column position of the grid view.
Follow the given procedure to manage file view:
- Click on (More button) at the top right-hand corner of the screen. A number of options within a menu appear.
- Click on Custom View to set the number of visible columns of file information under the grid section or click on Modify View to change the existing column view under the grid section. Either way, the Manage View screen opens up. This screen is shown below,
- From the Select View drop-down you can choose the option to create a new view structure (meaning choosing which custom field to display and the custom field position) or modify an existing View structure.
- If you choose Create New View then you will have to enter the name of the view structure within the View Name textbox and select the access level i.e. Public or Private. Public means all users will be able to see the File View structure and Private means only you will be able to see the View structure.
- If you choose as existing view then you will have the option to change the View Name and change the access level.
- Tick the Set as default checkbox to make the view created or modified the default view of all files within all folders of the selected Collection.
- Under the column name select the custom field(s) (by ticking the checkbox) which you would like to display under the Files Grid View on the Collection Files screen.
- Select the associated column number on the right-hand side of the custom field under the Position column. If you select the Position as 1 then the associated custom field will be displayed after the File Name column on the File Grid View under the Collection Files screen. The number of position is equivalent to the number of custom fields to be selected to be displayed.
- Click Save to save the created or modified View.
- Click Close to exit.
Note: The custom fie to be included within the grid view are created from the Custom lookup fields screen under Settings. Details are given here.
To display the files according to the newly created View or modified View (inclusion of new column & position change of exiting columns) under the right-hand side grid section of the Collection Files screen, select the View from this drop-down as shown below [highlighted by the red rectangle],
If you select All Fields from the drop-down then all the fields associated with the files will be displayed.